||New Jersey Libertarian Party
Open Government Advocacy Project:
Ethics Complaint Against Mayor Fyfe
December 29, 2013
Patricia Parkin McNamara
Local Finance Board
101 S Broad St – PO Box 803
Trenton, NJ 08625-0803
(via e-mail only to Patricia.McNamara@dca.state.nj.us)
Dear Ms. McNamara:
I intend this letter to be my complaint against Roger J. Fyfe, Mayor of Montvale Borough in Bergen County. In accordance with N.J.A.C. 5:35-1.1(b), following are the required elements of the complaint:
1. State the point of the Local Government Ethics Law alleged to be violated.
N.J.S.A. 40A:9-22.5(c) and (d)
2. State the name(s) and title(s) of the parties involved in the action and against whom the complaint is filed.
John Paff and the New Jersey Libertarian Party
Roger J. Fyfe
3. Set forth in detail the pertinent facts surrounding the alleged violative action.
According to a December 27, 2013 article in The Record (\"Judge strikes down Montvale DPW shared-services pact with River Vale,\" by Rebecca D. O\'Brien, Staff Writer), a copy of which is on-line here, Superior Court Judge Lisa Perez Friscia found that Fyfe \"breached conflict of interest laws by failing to disclose his brother-in-law’s involvement in the new DPW, and for not recusing himself during the discussions.\"
4. Indicate whether the complaint concerns the complainant in any way and what, if any, relationship the complainant has to the subject of the complaint.
Complainant has no interest in or relationship to this complaint greater than any other citizen or organization who wishes for all government officers and employees to comply fully with the Local Government Ethics Law.
5. Indicate any other action previously taken in an attempt to resolve the issue and indicate whether the issue is the subject of pending litigation elsewhere.
Save for the litigation mentioned in the article, no known other action has been taken previously in an attempt to resolve this issue and this issue is not the subject of any pending litigation.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. I ask that you please acknowledge your receipt of this complaint within 30 days.
Upcoming Events |
Meeting Minutes |
Return to Top of Page